Saturday, June 18, 2005

Beaulieu Bike Show


Nothing beats a bike show. And then, for sure, Beaulieu has to be the best bike show I’ve been to so far. The reason is that it’s a real bike show in that bikes are ON SHOW. It’s not just big dealers punting the latest machines and every other biking accessory outlet trying to flog end of range products, but also a vast number of clubs that represent practically ever aspect of biking.



Little old bikes are so cute that they get me all emotional. Seeing them in action had me all choked up. Let the pictures speak for themselves.



The next best thing to being at a bike show is riding to the show. Before meeting Paul I used to be a lone rider and the only time I used to ride with fellow bikers was when I met them on the motorway. When I first got my 650cc I went biking with some more experienced bikers and they scared the living shits out of me. From then onwards I chose to ride alone. Maybe because of this self inflicted isolation there was something really thrilling about spotting bikers going in the same direction (or opposite “oh crap”) and gradually more joined until a thumping, shiny horde of bikers were heading down the motorway in an impressive display.

Well. It still thrills me.