Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Wine Route

Because of our energetic antics the day before, my legs were so stiff I could hardly move and I think I’d strained my calf muscle. Back in my “wild and hectic youth” I used to routinely climb the mountain and run up and down… There and then I resolved myself to get fit and shake off the extra blubber I’ve gained.

A lazy day was in order. We drove out to Stellenbosch and Franschoek and popped into various wine farms. The only problem is that tasting wine at 11am is a bit too early for anyone except a hardened alcoholic. It was fun and we enjoyed the scenery but it was definitely one of our more chilled out days. Possibly because I made such huge groaning noises every time I tried to move, it seemed better to just sit and drive.

Paul snoozed off from time to time and I woke him with, “Paul! Look at the mountains! Take a photo. Look at the vineyards! Take a photo.”