Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The mysterious RINGBONE

My younger brother just sent me an email with the new South African Nokia RINGTONE. It’s really funny but I can’t share it with you, as I can’t upload sound files onto the blog.

In any case, when I forwarded the email to my English husband so he could listen to some Afrikaans my spell check suggested RINGBONE instead of RINGTONE. This bothered me for a while and I eventually gave in and put RINGBONE into Google, expecting to find some rather rude information and have a disciplinary lodged against me. And after deciding to stay on and enjoy my promotion I was going to be leaving in October jobless as originally planned.

But no. I’ll put your minds at rest too.

“Ringbone is new bone growth on the last three bones in a horse's leg, the phalanges.”